Saturday 13 July 2013

WAITING NOW


I had decided to go with Amazon but I couldn’t get very far because I didn’t have the right banking details for the transferring of money across the world so I slipped over to Smashwords, who will pay via PayPal, and completed the publishing process there. I had a couple of mistakes which were very quickly resolved so as it sat in the waiting for review queue I downloaded it to see what it looked like – and was not happy. All the paragraphs had an indented line! And, I knew that there wasn’t one in my formatting. So I popped back into the Style Guide and found a quick check, went back and did it to my document and republished it, but it still had the misshapen lines. So I unpublished it.


I had the brainwave to slip into online banking and see if I could find those bank numbers but couldn’t so I did something I haven’t had to do for years – I called the bank at 1am and they gave me the details I needed. So now I’m in the Amazon waiting for review queue but the book looks the way I planned it! I’ll do Smashwords later; maybe with all the republishing new documents the new one didn’t really get through. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment