Thursday 4 July 2013

Almost There

Finally, the collection is an inch away from publishing. I took it through the nuclear wipe again yesterday, cut n pasted it through Notepad and back again, and all the formatting I'd done with the hard returns was wiped and I had to do them again! Still, it didn't take long, and it's always a good thing to keep sweeping over to catch any missing punctuation or typos (not that there should be any of them left) but I did catch several words that had reverted to the American spelling – ize words.

I worked out how to do the paragraph with 'after' spaces which suits poetry stanzas perfectly (advice discovered in Smashwords free Style guide). Ahhh. It really is amazing what you can learn with time in between readings and a few practises thrown into the mix…makes me want to publish more books!

Working on the biog bits now and descriptions of the book with quick overview of the poems. I don't know what kind of stuff will be needed in the publishing process but I want to be ready so it can go quickly. If my manuscript is good enough for Smashwords Premium Catalog, it will be passed on to Kobo and Kindle and other booksellers, so I'm going to try that first; it seems easier.

I just have to spend a little time making sure the poems are the best they can be and that the order I've chosen is the right one and then it'll be off, into the big wild world.


No comments:

Post a Comment